Making your own baby wipes will save lots of money during your child’s diaper wearing phase and will contain safer ingredients then store bought baby wipes.
All you need is a roll of good quality 2-ply paper towel and some simple ingredients from your kitchen.
You can put everything into an old wipes container or you can keep the solution in a bottle and use washcloths for a more environment friendly version.
1 Tablespoon Natural Baby Shampoo
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Drops of Tea Tree Oil or for extra gentle wipes Lemon Essential Oil (you can even use Vinegar)
2 Cups Water
A seal-able container to hold you wipes in
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
2. Cut the roll of paper towel in half
3. Pour 1/4 of the liquid in your container bottom then put the cut side of the paper towel roll down into the container
4. Pour the remaining solution over top of the paper towel roll
5. Let stand for approx. ten minutes and then remove the cardboard center from the roll of wipes
5. Pull your homemade baby wipes from the center to start using